Disengagement and young people
- remote area young people that are boarding school students (students who have returned to community from boarding colleges down south);
- highly mobile young people including those from interstate who are not enrolled.
- Youth Justice – characterised as disengaged for a number of years and high percentage are Indigenous;
- Early school leavers
- young people not at home and not enrolled;
- young people identified/referred via public;
- young people previously enrolled in home school and no longer enrolled; and
- remote student – post compulsory but no program offered in the community and not enrolled.
How to enrol
Enrolment Applications, Referrals and Case Conference
Criteria for Enrolment
(a) would not otherwise be –
(i) enrolled and attending school while of compulsory school age; or
(ii) participating in an eligible option full-time, or in paid employment for at least 25 hours each week, during the compulsory participation phase; and
(b) are not provisionally registered, or registered, for home education.